Holiday home Vauban
This in 2015 completely renovated home is located in the historic district "Gevaert",
in the centre of Oudenaarde right in the middle of the Flemish Ardennes.
- Recognized Holiday House ***
- The house is suitable for 6 people.
- There are 2 bedrooms and 1 additional sofa bed in a separate part of the living quarters.
- At the back of the house is private garage with bicycle storage.
- The holiday home is ideally located for hiking, cycling, culture and nature.
We are looking forward to welcoming you over a drink!
Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban (1633 - 1707)
Was a military engineer with Louis XIV.
After the War of Devolution (1667-1668) the town of Oudenaarde became part of France. In 1670 Vauban started preparing the fortress constructions and creates several ravelins (fortification island as a first defence of the city border). The last visible ravelin can be seen from the back of our holiday home.